Buying health insurance is easy when you have a knowledgeable team to support you. We are here to simplify health insurance and help you:
- Easily understand how to stay in-network and save money.
Staying in network is simple when you know how the process works. Many health plans have a group of care providers known as in-network. Using in-network providers can help you pay less for your care. When you go outside of this group, you will likely be responsible for more of your medical bill. That’s why it’s important to make sure your health plan gives you in-network access to the doctors and hospitals you want to use.
- Get a complete picture of your costs to help you budget.
There are different costs associated with your health insurance. When choosing a plan, it’s important to consider each one. A premium is the amount you pay your insurer each month to keep your health insurance. You may also have out-of-pocket costs for things like copays, coinsurance, and other expenses related to your medical care that you will need to pay for—not the health plan.
- Understand the relationship between a premium and a deductible so you can make an informed decision.
Remember that a premium is the amount you pay your insurer each month to keep your health insurance. A deductible is the dollar amount you must pay out-of-pocket for medical expenses before your health plan begins to pay for them. Typically, the lower the plan’s premium is, the higher the deductible. This makes it very important to think about how much you use your health plan when choosing your premium/deductible level. If you use your plan often, you may want a health plan with a lower deductible. If you don’t use your health insurance often, you may want to consider one with a lower monthly premium.
With UPMC Health Plan, it’s easy to find and buy coverage that fits your needs. You can shop during the Open Enrollment period or during a special enrollment period if you’ve experienced a qualifying event.
Use our shopping tool to find the right plan for you. Here's how:
- Tell us who needs insurance. Are you shopping just for yourself, or do you want to include other family members? Some additional basic information can help us further streamline your results.
- Find out if you qualify for financial assistance. Our calculator can show how likely you are to qualify for financial assistance* to pay for your health insurance plan.
- When you see your results, you can choose whether to shop on Pennie®, Pennsylvania's health insurance marketplace—or continue shopping with UPMC Health Plan.
- Add some details for each person you want to include on your plan.
That's it! We'll narrow down the plans based on what you told us. You can always choose to see every plan.
Looking for shopping assistance? You can schedule an in-person or virtual appointment with one of our Connect Centers to get one-on-one enrollment help.