With UPMC Health Plan, you’ll have access to:
1. $0 preventive care that can help you and your family stay healthy. Screenings, immunizations/vaccines, and health exams for adults and children are covered at 100 percent.1
2. No-cost preventive medications.2
3. Top-ranked doctors and hospitals, plus a national extended network when you need it.3
4. Virtual visits anytime, anywhere—covered at 100 percent—through UPMC AnywhereCare.4
5. Three free counseling sessions through LifeSolutions®. You can use these over-the-phone sessions to discuss your family, relationship, or work concerns. You can also have free consultations related to financial wellness, legal issues, and more.
6. Our exceptional Health Care Concierge team. This team can help you understand your insurance and make the most of your benefits.
7. Free health coaching to support you in making lifestyle changes or managing a health condition.
8. The UPMC Health Plan mobile app, which puts your insurance information in the palm of your hand. You can use it to access digital member ID cards for you and your family, live chat with a Health Care Concierge, track recent claims, and more.
Please use the chart below to determine your next steps.
|How did you buy your 2020 insurance coverage?
||Directly from UPMC Health Plan
|Did your household income change during the past year?
||Did your household income change during the past year?
|Did your family size change during the past year (need to add or remove dependents from your plan)?
||Did your family size change during the past year (need to add or remove dependents from your plan)?
|Did you experience a qualifying life event on or after September 9 (getting married, gaining a dependent, or moving into a new service area)?
|If you answered yes to any of the above
|Visit the Pennie website, pennie.com, to update and confirm your personal information. You have until December 15, 2020, to make changes for coverage that will begin on January 1, 2021.
||Visit upmchp.us/2021-web-reenroll to update and confirm your personal information. You have until December 15, 2020, to make changes for coverage that will begin on January 1, 2021.
|If you didn’t answer yes to any of the boxes above
|You don’t have to take any action. You will be automatically be re-enrolled!
1. Preventive care will be covered at 100 percent only when it is received from a participating provider and it is billed as preventive. A separate cost may apply if additional medical services are received during the same visit or if your preventive care appointment becomes diagnostic in nature.
2. Tier 5 preventive medications on UPMC Health Plan’s Advantage Choice formulary will be covered with no cost share for members who meet certain criteria in accordance with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010.
3. Go to upmchealthplan.com/BEST for award information.
4. Only the virtual visit with the provider will be covered at 100 percent. Prescription drug and other costs related to the visit or recommended by the provider will not be included in the virtual visit coverage and will be your responsibility. If you are enrolled in the UPMC Advantage Silver or Gold HSA $2,900/$0 plans, UPMC AnywhereCare virtual visits will be covered at 100 percent after you meet your deductible. This information is not a complete description of benefits. Contact the plan for more information. Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply.