Skip to main content
Open Mobile Menu

How to Enroll in UPMC Community HealthChoices

Individuals who are eligible for Community HealthChoices must have a Community HealthChoices managed care organization (CHC-MCO) or participate in the Living Independence for the Elderly (LIFE) program. UPMC Community HealthChoices is one of the CHC-MCOs in Pennsylvania.

You can change your Community HealthChoices Managed Care Organization at any time. You can choose one of two options to do so:

  • Contact the state’s Independent Enrollment Broker (IEB) at 1-844-824-3655. TTY users should call toll-free 1-833-254-0690.
  • Change your CHC-MCO online at

They will tell you when your new CHC plan will start. It can take up to six weeks for a change to your Community HealthChoices to take effect.

If you participate in the LIFE program, you can remain in the LIFE program. You will not be moved into Community HealthChoices unless you ask to change. If you are enrolled in Community HealthChoices and would rather participate in the LIFE program, you may do so if you qualify for LIFE.

If you currently receive Medical Assistance benefits and would like to apply for long-term services and supports (LTSS), call the IEB at 1-877-550-4227 to request an assessment. (Please note that the IEB phone number for LTSS enrollment is different from Community HealthChoices enrollment.)

If you have questions about enrollment or eligibility, we can help. Call our UPMC Community HealthChoices Health Care Concierge team at 1-844-833-0523 (TTY: 711).

Eligibility Benefits and Services
Apple Store Google Play